Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Amazing Day!


PART 1
Who grows up in the Pacific Northwest and has never seen the Nutcracker? Me apparently! So yesterday afternoon my husband and I joined one of my most wonderful friends and her lovely fiance for a date. We exchanged our Christmas gifts, mine were AMAZING silver shoes! She knows the way to my heart! Then we ventured out to Seattle for the ballet, The Nutcracker, and then headed to the Melting Pot. Which by the way was HORRIBLE! Terrible service and the food was gross. Never so disappointed about my food AND service at once. So Grants fabulous idea was to finish up and go eat at another restaurant. Now for those of you who enjoy watching me eat like a man, you would not have been surprised to see me so excited for two dinners. Needless to say, I also made my husband stop for chocolate on the way home...but that part of my night is coming up. Well, Christy and I enjoyed learning about the South and proper speech down there. Apparently we would NEVER fit in. Christy had him saying "Friday" and "Darlin" all night. Grant is pretty cool, but that's been known. We had an amazing time on our date.

PART 2
I HATE LAUNDRY! Everyone who truly knows me, knows how much I hate laundry! They also know that I don't do laundry. My awesome husband does. I wish I were a millionaire just so I didn't have to wash my clothes. I would do anything to wear something once and throw it away so I didn't have to wash it, fold it, and put it away in my OCD organized closest. Anyways, Cody and I take our friends home and head home ourselves. We discuss that our boys church clothes are dirty. This is where the amazing thing happens. Cody decides instead of going home and washing their clothes, we buy them new ones! It was like a dream come true but without the million dollars. So we stop and I grabbed some chocolate, tried to fight the tears over my never ending battle with, "this is the largest toddler size they sell, I am going to be buying my baby kid clothes soon. NOT OK!" Ate the chocolate and soon felt better. Later, we got the boys from my mom and actually headed home.

PART 3
My husband gets the mail. A LOAD of Christmas cards and letters, my favorite being Jills. Mostly because she mailed it and lives across the street from me. And I don't mean a few houses down, I mean our bedroom windows face each others. I adore her!! Anyways, we are reading all the cards and I see this envelope from my school. First off let me catch you up with my school status. We decided that I should not go next quarter because we have so much financially going on and school is ridiculously expensive out of pocket. So I finally became as OK with not going as I could, although I was willing to give up a lot to go. Back to the letter- In it was a check partially reimbursing us for last quarter and the letter was granting me part of my winter and spring tuition. We still have some out of pocket to pay but I am still SOOO grateful! Can you imagine how my night ended? Tears of joy! I was so happy to be able to continue on with this year. I have been working so hard and school has never meant so much to me.

Needless to say, yesterday was one AMAZING day! I am so grateful for wonderful friends. My perfect in every way husband. Angelic babies that shouldn't be able to grow up so fast. My extreme love for food. Beautiful shoes, chocolate, and miracles. I am one HAPPY HAPPY girl and I thank God and Cody everyday for all my blessings!



3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! That's so funny. What an amazing day and what an AWESOME neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome Kayleigh!!! You are an amazing wife & mother and one of the most GENUINELY sweet people I've ever met and I'm very very glad to hear that you've been so blessed lately because you definitely deserve it! Keep it up you wonderful girl!! :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete